Week 3 Rundown


Great venue to see YTG up close and personal! (Sorry for poor image quality, I have been photo uploading to the computer slacking, no time these days it seems for important things like blogging!)

I thought it was interesting that coach hasn't been titling these weeks "Week 1 Boston Training" and I found out why Sunday. I'm not "racing" Boston. I guess I am ok with that though after a PR 5k last weekend and my body coming along the temptation to really race is undeniably there. We'll see how things go! In the meantime mileage and paces are ramping up and I am starting to have to think about planning each week rather than letting the miles fall where they may. Last week was crazy what with working pretty much every hour of the work week in addition to some weekend hours, living out of a suitcase, and commuting a lot. Not sure how I managed to get most of it in and not be a complete bag of crap by the end of the week!

Goals for the week were:

Total Mileage 65 - 70.

Monday: Easy.
Tuesday: Track, 4 x 1200 @ 4:18(86) with 2:30 recovery, 4 x 400 @ 82 with 90 sec
recovery.
Wednesday and Friday: Easy miles @ 7:40 or slower, 6 x 30 sec strides on Friday.
Thursday: warmup, 3 x 2 miles(12:50) with mile @ 7:00 between sets, warmdown.
Weekend:
12 miles @ 7:05
16 miles @ 7:30

How it played out:

66 miles
Monday off (PT Routine)
Tuesday 3 mile shake out plus track
Wednesday 8 easy
Thursday 11 with tempo
Friday 7 easy with strides
Saturday 16 at around 7:23
Sunday 12 at 7:05

DC/FFX was amazing, but wish I had more fun time while there, closed out the week by painting the living room and dining room and seeing Young the Giant and Walk the Moon at the Beachland! Not a bad week in the life of E, though a crazy hectic one!


Much needed coffee break while painting the living room!

No comments: