What's that smell in the air?

Yesterday morning I woke up with great anticipation. First Tuesday of the year with 60+ degree weather. You know what that means? It's time to head to the track!

I was looking forward to my track workout all day and I was not disappointed!

It was about 65 degrees out, sunny, with a strong wind. I got to run in my new sports tank that I got for $10 and I was still soaked in sweat by the time I finished! What a wonderful feeling!

The wind slowed me down a bit on the back end of the track but I didn't let that or my slightly slower times get me down. I was hitting almost all my 200s with the wind on my back at the right times. I had no trouble doing the math while running yesterday and I was constantly aware if I was a few seconds ahead or behind on each 200 and how that related to my goal split. With all these treadmill runs and just being able to press a button and move up to speed I was very pleased that I was hitting close to target paces on my own!

Considering I just ran a hard 20 on Sunday I am very pleased with these splits. I even had company for my first two miles of intervals! Now if I can just get some other speedster chicks out to run with me next week! (Looks like the weather won't hold though so I may be back on the dreadmill next week)

The workout (RI=Recovery/Rest Interval)

10:30 warm up
1600=6:37.37
400 RI=3:20.03
3200= 14:04.52 (7:10.37,7:04.15)
800 RI= 5:49.29
800=3:19.03
400 RI=2:46.81
800=3:16.87
13 Minute cool down

You know you have made progress when you have gone from someone who used to dread 3200 meters on the track to someone looking forward to adding a 1600 and 2*800 to that!

16 comments:

Triseverance said...

SOLID, very nice.

Brian said...

Are we back at the track on Tuesdays? Sweet! You're right... spring is in the air! Finally!! Check out those 800 times!!

E-Speed said...

Thanks Brian! Funny the 800s were what I was most dissapointed with, thanks for making me feel better about them!

Eric said...

Very solid workout. You'd be kicking my butt on the track with those splits.

Running 2 Mohican said...

I would need to hang on to your shirt to make the 1600 time. Great work out!

qcmier said...

Nice work. I am dying to get to some fast stuff. I'll have to get out on a run with you next time I am free in C-Town.

Unknown said...

Running in a tank top. You're an animal. Even in GA I've still been doing the short sleeves thing. I'm kinda a temperature puss!

Sounds like you had another great running workout. Your numbers always impress the hell out of me.

RunBubbaRun said...

You have to be a speedster to luv going to track workouts. Great job on the time splits.

Yes, spring is definetly coming.

Janet Edwards said...

Nice solid looking track workout there. Hope to make it out next time!

Why why why can't it still be nice???

Dubs said...

Awesome job!! Check you out - adding more. Glad it warmed up for you and you were able to get out there before it cools off. Hopefully you have some continuous nice weather for a while.

Kate said...

Woohoo! You were dreading that workout and you rocked it! I loved the 800s after the 3200, but the 3200 was all kinds of hell.

Full Metal Lunchbox said...

Way to go, e-Speed!

I know you are inspiring a lot of us to hit the track now that we are getting some nice days.

Steve Stenzel said...

Nothing beats a good outside run in inexpensive running apparel!!

Toasty said...

That smell? ... I need new running shoes ..... some like yours, that go fast

E-Speed said...

:) I did recently purchase some new shoes. Maybe I got fast ones and thats why I feel so light lately!

Donald said...

Great track workout. There's nothing like blasting the last repeat faster than your previous times. Awesome job.