Banquet Fun

In 2004 I joined a wonderful running club. I went to all the Sunday runs in hopes of surviving my first marathon and coming away with a BQ. (I did!)

This club is full of fast, hard working, and dedicated runners. At any given local race there are always SERC members coming away with hardware. I remember my first Bedford 5 miler. Literally every club member there came away with a trophy. That certainly says something about the caliber of runners I am lucky enough to run with and call friends.

When you run with so many people that are achieving amazing things on a regular basis it is easy to forget that what you are doing is also special. That most people don't enjoy training week in and week out for marathons and triathlons. It is easy to overlook your accomplishments because someone else you are close to is doing the same, but doing it farther or faster.

This year I have been taking care of the club website and have enjoyed putting up pics of everyone. I was honored to be asked to be VP this year. I am sure mostly I will still just be working on the website but it will be nice to help out with some new fresh ideas like a new race and a club newsletter. The banquet was really special for me this year and I am so honored to be a part of such a great group, and thankful that they are willing to let me take such an active role.

17 comments:

Charlie said...

Congratulations E-VP
Your athletic accomplishments are many more than mine.
Your dedication and support to the running and tri community deserve recognition.
Without knowing me, your encouragement at GCT really helped me to the finish line.
Thanks

Trisaratops said...

Congrats, Veep!

Very much deserved! :)

Bullet said...

That's really cool. One of my favs about Triathlons are the people. They're all hard working and fun to be around. Enjoy!

Full Metal Lunchbox said...

Congratulations!

Ginger Breadman said...

Having a group of people that share your same interests and aspirations is something amazing. It's awesome that you realize that and appreciate is so much.

Janet Edwards said...

Well I am certain everyone appreciates all of your effort and all of your positive energy! It is wonderful that you step up to contribute so much given all the other things on your plate!

Looking forward to getting more involved with them...let me know if you need a hand on anything!

Toasty said...

Well done ... they are lucky to have you there as well.

Robin said...

CONGRATULATIONS! You doing Boston again this year????

Legs and Wings said...

You have provide such positive support to those around you. I'm sure you will serve well as veep! Congrats!!

Dubs said...

What a great opportunity - that is awesome! Congratulations!!

Says a lot about what they think of you! As you can see - we all agree!!

Full Metal Lunchbox said...

It will be an honor to run with you at GMR.

D said...

I miss running with a group. It certainly is rewarding on so many levels. Nice job on your recent 1/2 marathon especially considering the conditions!

Unknown said...

Congrats!

runliarun said...

I am sure you are too modest, and deserve all the recognition and more.

Ellie Hamilton said...

Congratulations! You ROCK!!

Anonymous said...

Can we call you Veep-Speed?

Cliff said...

Congrats...