Sharing the quote love

Thanks Lana for bringing this quote back into my life!

"Excellence can be attained if you Care more than others think is wise, Risk more than others think is safe, Dream more than others think is practical, and Expect more than others think is possible."

-Anon

In high school this was one of my favorites. I even convinced them to put it on the back of our cross country teams t-shirts. I think it was modified to: "Champions care more than others think is wise, Risk more than others think is safe, Dream more than others think is practical, and Expect more than others think is possible."

In fact I believe I have this quote framed sitting somewhere in the attic. I will have to look for it this weekend!

On that note I am off to get in a long run!
Hope everyone has a great weekend! Don't drink too much green beer!

10 comments:

Toasty said...

That's a great quote, thanks for sharing.

admin said...

that's a good quote to remind oneselve's from time to time.
I just returned from my first 35k run this month - and i didn't expect it to run so smoothly. I'll have a beer this evening-but what is a "green beer"??
Here's a quote from Bert Brecht (german author/poet): the real excellent sport begins there, where it already stopped being healthy anymore.

E-Speed said...

Ahh it is Saint Patrick's Day and many people drink green colored beer to celebrate (as well as wear green and make green colored foods to eat as well)

Ellie Hamilton said...

I like it! Very good!

Dubs said...

Great quote -- thank you for sharing, I'll have to write that down.

Hope you got a nice run in.

Kim said...

My long run is tomorrow at Mohican so no green beer for me!!

Afternoon Tea With Oranges said...

Hope the long run went well!

Unknown said...

Definitely a quote worth putting in the files for later inspiration. Hope you had a great long run.

Josh Dysart said...

Thanks for sharing; I had never heard that before. And I wish I'd have read this yesterday ... because I drank WAY too much green beer.

Unknown said...

I agree with the blog masses. Great quote. Hope you had a good long run on Shamrock day.