New Schedule

I am a notorious snoozer. I can hit my snooze button for literally hours. Having flexible hours is a blessing, but sometimes I think it just gives me an excuse for over sleeping and putting things off until lunch or after work. Most mornings I intend to be awake by 6 or 7 but I find myself waking at 8 and rushing around to be out the door by 8:30.

Well with it getting dark around 5 now I do not want to have the excuse of "it is too dark and dreary" rearing its ugly head this winter and screwing with my progress and goals. I need to get on a schedule that makes sure my running is done in the morning or at lunch, that way post work runs are a last resort option, not a mandatory thing. This means I need to suck it up and get the heck out of bed when I intend to!

In order to help with this I am going to start meeting friends to run in the early AM on Tuesdays and Thursdays, and I am going to commit to a boot camp class in the afternoons on Mondays and Wednesdays which means I have to be to work early in order to get in a lunch run and get out of work in time to make it to class. And I am sure at some point soon these days will also have a 2nd run which will mean 6 am runs on these mornings too.

So starting today I will be at work by 7:30 so I can get everything in, which means I will be awake by 5 on days I run in the morning and by 6 on days I intend to run at lunch (and I will be in bed by 9 or 10 to make sure this happens!). Most everyone else already does this so I need to stop being a slacker and get it done! I've been too spoiled by my 9-6 hours and need to get on the early morning program. Now let's just hope my boss is on board with that even though everyone else here is on the 9-6 program.

Let's hope this snoozer can turn into a morning person! I really think it will help my attitude this winter if I can consistently wake up early and get things done before sun rise.

Unfortunately this will mean more driving and less bus riding, but I am sure I will adapt.

2 comments:

Fifty K said...

I too am a snoozer. I can sleep 9 minutes at a time all morning long. I like the idea of morning runs but just can't get out of bed to do it. Hope your plan works out well.

Steph said...

Nice, I hear you about the schedule and have recently just revamped mine for some of the same reasons. You're really lucky you have friends to meet you on some mornings! That is such a priceless help!