A (Phoenix) Week Review

Well I did okay for most of my vacation days on the exercise front but tapered off towards the end in favor of hot tub time, drinking time, reading time, niece time, and TV vegetation time. oh well.

Monday-35 minute run with my niece in her stroller
Tuesday- ~7.5 mile run on the Christensen trail. Saw two roadrunners and two hares (Huge Rabbits!) and thankfully saw no snakes. Ran at a good clip but I am not sure of total distance as I managed to get onto the wrong trail several times.
Wednesday- ~7.5 miles. Frustrating run about 2 miles along an extremely busy road to get to the Reach 11 Recreation area and find that the trail was closed for maintenance. I did a few out and backs and then headed home frustrated.
Thursday- ~4 mile hike in Sedona. Beautiful views as we hiked the trail to Devil's Bridge
Friday- One game of DDR and played two rounds of basketball at Dave and Busters (Has to count for something right?)
Saturday- Rest (flying home)
Sunday- Too damn cold to run so I did house chores instead

On a positive note I did ab workouts everyday I was in AZ and I did push ups a few of the days. Throw in a few rounds of "driving" my niece around the house and I managed not to gain too much weight from all the good Mexican food that was consumed.

9 comments:

Soapin' Cindy said...

You must feel rejuvenated after all that sunny weather. See you this weekend for some cold running!

Anne said...

Hey, aren't vacations meant to take it easy and do something *different*? I think you succeeded on both accounts and still managed to stay in shape. I'm jealous.

Anonymous said...

niece driving and car stuffing for sushi are both well known for burning calories.

Dana said...

Good idea for you to keep your ab workout up & you stayed fairly active while you were away. Mexican food(while tasty) can be killer on the bod.

Janet Edwards said...

Anytime you can still get in that much training while on vacation, I would call it a success!

Anonymous said...

Sounds like fun and fitness in Phoenix! Hope you have fun and a great race at BT50K! Can't wait to hear about it.

rinusrunning said...

You can run fast and a good marathon runner!.
Go for it and goodluck with the marathon.
Groet Rinus from Holland.
http://rinusrunning.punt.nl/?home=1

Toasty said...

i'm sure there is a way to include mexican food in a good training program

triguyjt said...

sedona is so gosh darn gorgeous, isn't it...
you really got some great workouts in while enjoying the warmer weather...
great stuff