A VR Plug

After spending over 3 hours, going through two separate malls, spending 30 minutes at Dicks to find out how much the last pair of (ladies) mittens in the entire store cost, and finding they only carried youth mittens at Marc's I had pretty much given up all hope on finding my father in law a pair of mittens to use while running for his Birthday. Apparently mittens are not fashionable right now. I was resolved to getting a gift card to one of the local running shops when thankfully my buddy SH from the local running store Vertical Runner was at our Sunday morning run and informed me that yes their store did indeed carry men's mittens. A 30 minute drive later and I left with a pair of extremely nice men's mittens. Dad loves them, unfortunately I bought the wrong size. But hey it's the effort and thought that count right?

Thanks Vertical Runner for rescuing the day! ;)

It was on this trip that I was offered Free Roasted Chestnuts. Thank goodness I waited until I was in my car before biting into one as I promptly spit it back in the cup. I tried really hard to chew it all up but uggh, the taste and texture did not agree with me!

3 comments:

Janet Edwards said...

Dang, all that driving for the wrong size!!!

Gary Burkholder said...

I gotta get out to Vertical Runner and pick up a light for night running. I've been looking at the Tikka XP from Petzl.

Brett S. said...

Wow so you must have been their for the Hudson Christmas walk. I actually got my mittens from VR as well. See real men wear mittens.