I lost my contact on N. Marginal

Got out tonight for a windy frostbitten run with my pal B. It was a bit windier than I like but we made it through a comfortable 45 minutes in it. I had a bit of trouble with the wind on the way back and eventually lost a contact to it. At first it shifted, then it froze, then it fell out. Thankfully it was my right which I have a spare of :) I'm running low on contacts, hopefully I have an eye check up soon!

Workouts have been going well. I felt the starts of something sickish yesterday with a sore throat and sinus drainage but I feel better today so hopefully I can keep on trucking. I've been focusing more on cross training with the CTC Virtual Tri competition going on, but still trying to keep my run base up to stay in shape for the Winter Buckeye 50K, managed to hit 40 miles last week without really trying. I've swam 3 days in a row this week and plan on making tomorrow a 4th so that has been good, although my skin is not as happy about it. I got on the trainer once. Hopefully my ladies will have a group trainer gig to get my butt back on the bike again. It's so much easier to run! :)

I'm super busy at work right now and trying to get some stuff together for my running club, as well as get holiday letters written and sent, and gifts bought and wrapped. Time's a bit tight but my workouts are keeping me sane! I have plans underway for 2008. Major thoughts are on the CTC Beast series, Boston, and another spring marathon. Hopefully I'll get a plan lined up soon! Right now I am flying by the seat of my pants and that is okay by me.

Hope everyone is having a great Wednesday!

9 comments:

Mnowac said...

Haha, I lost a contact swimming the other day, argh. I want lasik so bad!

Irene said...

I don't miss contacts at all, especially running with wind and (for here) dry weather!

Enjoy the rest of your week!

ramblings of a runnner said...

wow - must be tough being so fast that your contacts can't even stay in your eyes... it's a wonder you don't run right out of your clothes sometimes - speedy! :)

JenC said...

Lasik is the way to go. I don't miss contacts at all.

I may join you for a Wednesday night run occasionally if I can get away from work. Where do you gals start?

Toasty said...

How many Bostons is this? Is there a club when you complete ten?

Soapin' Cindy said...

Wow--I really need to get busy...I'm letting winter suck me under. It was motivating to hear how well you are plate spinning during the holidays. Thanks!

Steve Stenzel said...

Wow, did it freeze while it was IN your eye?!? You're hardcore!!!

Running 2 Mohican said...

Keep On Keeping On!

IHateToast said...

so what is your manboy getting? c'mon. oh, i mean other than a compilation of vids of you jumping.