Two new sweeties

Since Milford passed away Monte has been very vocal. It seems when we are in a different room he gets lonely and cries for us. We decided after a lot of thought that he probably could use some company of the feminine feline persuasion. Our vet had two little girls that were caught together. They have been spayed, vaccinated, and de-clawed (laser technology which made me feel a world better about it), all of which was payed for by a nice gentleman who likes to help out with adoptions. One of the ladies at the vet is in charge of any strays they get in and she felt these girls were a good match for us and for Monte. So yesterday we went and visited them and played with them for an hour or so and decided to bring them home.

We haven't picked names yet and they are still very shy. They will be living in the office until they are comfortable with us. Monte is curious about what is going on but he is just happy mommy is home from San Fran. We will be very careful to spend equal time with him and make sure all three kitties feel very loved. I have always had cats and I am so happy that we are able to provide a good loving home to these ones.

We are leaning towards a Finnish name for our little orange kitty. I am still searching for a name for the tortoise shell. She looks so Egyptian to me and very much like a serval or ocelot in the face. The picture isn't great as she is hiding, one side of her whiskers are black and the other white. Her nose fur is split down the middle half black have orange. She has a very neat striped pattern on half her tail. They are both dolls and once they get used to open spaces I think they will love it here.

I'll be very busy the next few weeks getting acquainted.


6 comments:

The Salty One said...

Awww! I hope Monte loves his new lady friends. They look so sweet!

Bolder said...

congrats, on your cats!

Spandex King said...

So cute. I love my cats. They are great listners.

Anonymous said...

You could name the Tortie "Cleo" for "Cleopatra" since she's Egyptian-looking.
-Monica

E-Speed said...

Thanks Mon! I did think about that name! (Great minds think alike!)

EostreEgg said...

I can't wait to meet your new additions! Someday...