26

Monday I aged another year. This year we didn't do anything terribly special. 26 doesn't feel like an age that warrants a huge party or any really special frivolities. I woke up for my 5th straight early morning (the gym is paying off!) and went for my first "fitness meeting" at the gym. I thought I would be getting the rounds on how to use machines but turns out we were just doing a little survey and measuring my donut and other fatty areas. (Seriously they had to choose my two fattest areas to measure, thankfully they threw thighs into the mix or I am sure my score would have been much worse)

Nothing like finding out your body fat percentage on the day you get one year older. But being 26 put me in a new bracket so I assume that means my body fat for a 26 year old is better than if I had the same body fat the day before at 25 :)

Despite all the running I fell in the fitness bracket. Would have been nice to be on the high end of athlete, but now I have a goal! Drop two body fat percentage points! IronWil is doing some nifty training regimen where everyone tracks their fat loss and weight loss, I am not committed enough for that but now that I have my body fat percentage in hand I was able to calculate my basic caloric needs just to breathe and what I need to maintain weight while doing all of this running. I always wondered what the magic number was between losing fat and losing important muscles, now I know!

Since the fitness test didn't take very long I treated myself to an 800 meter swim and a quick dip in the hot tub. My right arm has been tight and the hot tub was just what I needed to loosen it up!

Birthdays regardless of age deserve a good run and I got out for a lunch run with Daisy and Salty on a gorgeous fall day. We even did our bridge loop for some added "hill" fun. I think I am definitely ready for San Fran's hills.

Monday night I just relaxed with my hubby. He bought me the 4th season of scrubs so we watched a few episodes of that before tuning into the Indians game. Only one more win! Go tribe! Apparently being a day older did affect my sleepiness as I struggled to stay up through the 9th inning, that also could be the wine though. Last night was even worse with me falling asleep after watching the tribe score 7 runs in the 5th.

I'll leave you with a pic from the baby shower a week ago. I never really feel "old" but that little doll is my second cousin Andrews new baby. I used to carry Andrew around when I was less than 10. Yikes! All my cousins kids are getting to be grown and he's the first to have a baby of his own. It's wild how time flies.

16 comments:

Backofpack said...

Hills? SF has hills?

Happy belated birthday! Wow, 26. I can barely remember that - pre-children, post-college. Oh, it was 1984 - we moved home from across the state and bought our first house. I'm turning 50 in two months...that feels kinda big. Anyway, see you on Saturday!

Afternoon Tea With Oranges said...

Girl, you look great - you kill me talking about your "donut" - you have no such thing!! I have found, though, that is so hard to find the right balance of calories when you are training really hard. It's much harder than when you are training lightly. My weight is constantly fluctuating - I've gotten to where I don't even get on the scale anymore. Although I probably should do that soon, as these pants felt a little tighter today!

Kim said...

happy birthday sweetie!!!!! it is nice to know the proper caloric intake, but it's definitely not so easy for me to abide by it! yummy pizza and cookies!

B Bop said...

Happy belated birthday! 'Twas nice running with you and your crew last night....it was probably my last run for a few weeks.

Go Tribe!!

Anne said...

Happy Birthday!! It sounds like the perfect way to spend it...finding out how you measure up in the morning, then just kickin' back in the evening.

Good luck this weekend, too. I'll be very interested in reading your experience as a pacer.

Michele said...

Happy Birthday!

I hated having my body fat tested. Depressing.

Anonymous said...

Happy birthday! I am a fitness girl and love running. check out my photos...
http://www.fitkiss.com/photo/janet779

RunBubbaRun said...

Happy be-lated b-day.

Since you are an ultrarunner, did you do your 26 mile b-day run?

Hope you had a good run..

JenC said...

Happy birthday again E! No, you don't have a donut, but whatever motivates you is good.

walchka said...

Happy Birthday!

Soapin' Cindy said...

Don't they know how freakin fast you are? I can't believe you didn't fall on the high end of athletic on that test. Hmm...something must be wrong with it! You look marvelous. What donut?

Soapin' Cindy said...

Oh yeah! Happy 26!

EostreEgg said...

I think last year's birthday was more fun. I mean, come on! Those cupcakes rocked!

Talked to your hubby tonight; maybe by next year we can have a joint birthday party again. :)

Bolder said...

happy belated b-day!

26, nothin' to celebrate?

just the coming of your best year ever!!

Brian said...

Happy belated b-day kiddo! Jeez, what were you, like 14 when I met you? You're still so young : )

IHateToast said...

so you'll be 26.2 on dec 31ish.

.2 of 12 is 2.4. i figure let's just round down to the 31st or ny day.

happy belated bidet.