Fall Running

It's like someone turned on a switch this weekend. Fall is here in full force and the running is fine. October is my favorite time of the year, especially for running. I guess I've always associated it with prime cross country weather. I feel like I've been wearing lead weights on my legs all summer and as soon as the temperature drops and the leaves turn it's like someone has loosed the weights.

For the first time in a long time I got in a run every day this week. I managed to get in two 50 mile weeks in a row. I love that despite running every day and doing the hard bodies class my legs felt fresh on the run today. We were able to clip out 10+ miles averaging under 8 minute miles. Life is good.

I'm going to take it easy this week. Keep the pace easy and cut out a few runs. I'm getting excited for San Fran. I've tried to get in as many hills as I can lately and hopefully I'll be ready for what San Fran has to throw at me. All I know is if it is a cool day like this weekend has been all will be well. It's amazing what a difference a week makes!

11 comments:

Steve Stenzel said...

Two 50 mile weeks in a row?! That's awesome!! I love running this time of year too. Running and sleeping!

Soapin' Cindy said...

Good luck in San Fran! I agree, October is the BEST running month.

Anonymous said...

yay!

Anne said...

happy, happy birthday e!

Anonymous said...

Glad running is all good for you right now E! Can't wait to hear about San Fran, have a blast there! I'm pacing my wife at Columbus this weekend (3:35 PR is the goal), then 3:30 group at NYC on Nov 4. My first time pacing. So send some tips on do's and don'ts. Thanks!

Michele said...

Wow, two 50 mile weeks in a row?!?!

I am loving the cooler running weather also. Just wish it didn't have to keep getting colder.

Good luck in San Fran.

B Bop said...

Yes, it is a great time to be outdoors in NE Ohio!!!! I am lookin foreward to crunching some leaves under my feet this afternoon. It's also a great time to travel to the San Francisco bay. Have a great time out there!

Anonymous said...

bappy hirthday!

i'm not supposed to read any blogs until i'm finished with the semester (grr), but i saw your comment on m's.

i don't think he can read blogger where he is. he's going through withdrawal.

50x2?
i think we're having similar weather, but getting warmer. i love the tweenie stage. good luck in san fran. i'll catch up on the other side of the 30th!

Brett S. said...

Have a great time in the city E. Eat plenty of sour dough and chocolate while you are there. I love it there and luckily I get out there about once a month lately.

Anonymous said...

Happy belated bday! Kick ass job with all the running stats :)
-Adele

admin said...

you are mirroring my opinion concerning fall running! It's surely the greatest season for rrunning next to spring. At your place in America the "indian summer" as we call it in germany must be in full effect by now. I'm out for a run in the woods in aminute and will enjoy the red, yellow and brown leafes. Have a great fall further on! M.