One not like the other ones

First of all can I just say how much I love my Aussie friends who hate and love toast?

I am pretty busy at work so I anticipate a race report Friday once I am fully stuffed with turkey and too lazy to do anything but blog!

Until then a funny story from the race.

Somewhere later on in the race on the towpath I was passing a gentleman in yellow on his right. I had seen him back and forth for several miles since we were on different walk schedules. I guess I should have announced myself because as I got on his shoulder I was rewarded with a spray of snot right in my face. Always the politically correct one on the trail I announced "You Got Me!" He was extremely apologetic and I laughed it off. I mean I can't have been too pretty anyways we were over 30 miles into the race and I had made several trips to the ladies room along the way. I definitely had this feeling all day that I was picking up a gazillion germs and that I would promptly be getting really sick after the race. Luckily I had baby wipes in my fanny pouch and was able to clean up the damage :)

I must say though he had pretty good aim because I was wearing a hat and he managed to avoid the brim and get me directly on the cheek! Impressive!

14 comments:

Vickie said...

Eww. That happened to me in a race once too. Not fun! You took it better than I did.

Jodi said...

EEEEWWWWWW!!!

Blogger hasn't let me comment on your other posts, so

CONGRATULATIONS!!!


Wow, you kicked that races booty! You must be so proud, and hungry!

Happy Thanksgiving!

Jodi

Flatman said...

I would have quit on the spot and called 911!

Eat lots o' turkey, you deserve it...

Lora said...

I don't know who I feel worse for, you or him??

I think we all learned a lesson from this: ON YOUR LEFT!!!!!

Wes said...

TMI! TMI! Another valuable lesson learned for us newbies about passing on the left :-)

walchka said...

I'm never passing anyone on the right ever again. :)

IHateToast said...

that's .... yeah, that's not good, which does not equal that snot good.

i hope he wasn't getting over a cold. that snot's like puddin'... or chicken fat.

...

and we like you, too!
have a happy thanksgiving. i can't wait to bring ilike back to the u.s. for a t'giving some day. get that boy some pecan pie!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for that visual image. I guess it will have to do until you publish your race recap!

backofpack said...

That's gross! It's come close a few times, but I haven't been hit yet. You are a good sport, that's for sure!

Rae said...

Ha! That is definitely a memory!!!

Can't wait to hear more!

DaisyDuc said...

Gross, but heck running has presented all of these disgusting things that I now shrug at compared to what I might have thought pre-all-of-this running fun!

Guess after the weekend you can gobble to your hearts desire!!!

Anonymous said...

Ugh. I'm glad he felt bad at least!

Anonymous said...

Never ride behind Lana, I have come real close to getting hit. :)
I am just jealous, I haven't master the snot rocket yet.

Robin said...

Eeeeeew! That's all I can say!