Getting Back into the Swing of Things

Really short recovery run this morning. It's cold out! I felt pretty good. A little labored but I guess that is to be expected after the beating I gave my legs at Chicago.

Got screamed at by someone in a car (I was on the sidewalk). What possesses people to do that? It scared the living hell out of me and then I can't get my mind back to a good place for far too long. I try not to let that bother me but it does. I mean seriously, do they think they are being original? That runners have never been yelled at before? That what they just did was something quite extraordinary?

At least he didn't yell "Run Forrest Run."

10 comments:

Papa Louie said...

I get "run forest run" at least once every other month. But then I think I look like him too.

LeahC said...

i usually get out of my head when cars slowly roll through stop signs and don't at all look for pedestrians and hence there cane be close calls with my legs and their bumpers. :-)

walchka said...

Run E Run

The (IRON) Clyde said...

I hear you on that one girl....annoying.

MB said...

been screamed at too

best one was running along the Carles River near Boston and kids chucked dairy creamers at four of running in a pack as they drove by

Jodi said...

I hate that too! It takes me a good 20 minutes to get it out of my head. I think I stress about that kind of stuff too much!

Jodi

Rae said...

I HATE getting honked at! It scares the heebie jeebies out of me!!

qcmier said...

That's one reason why I like trail runs. The trees don't scream at you.

Toasty said...

I have the same questions but none of the answers.

I tried yelling at cars randomly, but they never hear me and I still don't understand the attraction of doing it.

Rich said...

Let 'em scream all they want. They don't know what they're missing. Only we runners know :)