Quest For Higher Mileage

I'm not quite up to 60 mpw yet but I have pretty consistently been getting in more than my old weekly average of 27-30.

Weekly Stats for July and August:

July 2nd-8th= 51
9th-15th= 53
16th-22nd= 41
23rd-29th=40
30th-5th=29
6th-12th=43
13th-19th=53

So other than the week of Burning River I have hit 40+. I'm pretty content with that. Nothing really nagging me. Last week I would get odd knee pain every 20 minutes or so briefly on my road runs but my run with Daisy today I didn't get it at all. Just some residual tightness from last night's 5k. Guess you can teach this girl some new tricks. Higher mileage and so far I am getting faster in the short stuff. I hope that means good things for the long stuff too!

We are off to Albany Friday to visit friends. Hopefully I'll be able to get in at least 40 miles. I don't know what I'll do without all my social runs! I swear every run for me lately has been a social outing. I guess I'll have a lot of quiet time to plot next week :) Hopefully our hosts will put up with my running if I get up early and get it done before the day really starts. I'm also hoping to get in some strength work and some serious yoga stretching next week! All that free time is going to be so nice!

11 comments:

Backofpack said...

Nice job on those high miles! You are doing great.

Brett S. said...

Your mileage seems pretty close to mine. Before Cleveland my highest total week was 38 miles. Now I'm putting in 40+ miles every week (except for vacation week) and this week I will be over 50 again. I hope this all pays off in 6 weeks.

Black Knight said...

You are doing great on the high mileage and at the same time you are very fast. Where are you going? What's your secret goal?

Unknown said...

50 mile weeks... (gulp)!

B Bop said...

your weekly mileage looks like my monthly mileage!!

Running in new scenery should help pass the time without the socializing. You could always talk to yourslef ;-)

JenC said...

You are a rock star of running! Thanks for the company last night and hope I didn't hold you back too much. At least you added another 7-8 miles to the total. : )

I won't be at Yoga tonight. Buck gave a session at my job yesterday and he won't be there tonight, so I'm going to go home and get some much needed sleep. Enjoy your trip!

GP said...

Have a great time in Albany. It will probably be nice to have new scenery for your runs (and then you'll have even more high mileage stats!). Maybe that's just the beginner runner talking ;-)

Congrats, again, on your stellar race series.

Papa Louie said...

Have a great time in Albany and get those workouts in. Enjoy the get away.

Kate said...

Nice work- I miss high mileage :-(

Good work on the 5k- you'd definitely be sub-20 on the road, or on that course if only they had another!

You're so my running idol.

Afternoon Tea With Oranges said...

That's some great running. Good job in getting 40+ consistently!

I am getting into 40+ now with Pfitz, and it's taking some getting used to. But I can really tell a difference in my running.

Have fun in Albany!

Dubs said...

Glad your knee is feeling better. Great job on the race... and also on adding the mileage!