The Gnats Come out at Night (Week 11 Pig Training Run Down)

We've been visiting in-laws in Cinci this weekend and having a great time. Not much time for running but we drove the course yesterday and I am feeling even better about the race.

Just got back from a nice relaxing hour and 40 minute hilly run, other than the gnats. Lots of hills and lots of people. Beautiful park with a couple different trails. I did the marked 2.6 mile trail twice to gage pace and then headed out on some wooded trails and had a run in with the gnats, for the rest of the run. They were everywhere! I think there may still be some in my hair and eyes ;)

Didn't manage to get in my tempo or 20 mile run this week but I did get in a great track workout on Tuesday, a fun trail run Wednesday, and tonights hilly run. I may have a chance to get in 20 tomorrow morning still so I will keep my fingers crossed.

Quick week run down, lots of rest this week which was probably good as I could feel my hip getting a bit tight and my calves protesting a bit more.

Monday- Rest (Work Bowling Outing)
Tuesday- Track 6.5 miles 1,000, 2,000, 2*1,000
Wednesday- 6 mile trail run
Thursday- Yoga 75 minutes
Friday- rest (driving to Cinci)
Saturday- Rest (Lots of beer drinking and game playing)
Sunday- ~11 mile hilly run

Now I am off to enjoy the rest of my weekend! God it's nice to have a 3 day weekend with no committments!

9 comments:

Charlie said...

You can use swim cap and goggles as gnat protection.

Toasty said...

Really solid runs with plenty of rest, sounds perfect.

Anonymous said...

ew ew ew! i hate gnats. anything that swarm. ew ew ew!

you're making me cringe.

Janet Edwards said...

Ohhh I hate stupid gnats and bugs. I was plagued by a mosquito in my car Sunday morning that I could just not seem to kill!

Solid training...even if you miss the 20, you have been getting in plenty of good miles!!

Unknown said...

Another solid week. Getting it in even with work and vacation obligations. Glad you were able to rest up your hip and calves.

And gnats are nasty. I was speeding away on the bike one night, sans glasses, and one hit me so hard in the eye I nearly hit the pavement!

Rae said...

Gnats are out here, too. Ugh. It wasn't cold enough this winter.

Great job with all the running!!!

Trisaratops said...

You will love the Pig course! Great race. NOT as hilly as everyone freaks it out to be! Just a little climb to Eden Park...over before you really even realize it.

AND there's GRAETER'S ice cream in Cincy!!!!!! MMMMMMMMMMMMM

Afternoon Tea With Oranges said...

Nice running. Those gnats drive me crazy, thankfully I haven't seen any in the these parts yet.

Ginger Breadman said...

Bowling days, Driving days, beer drinking & game playing days - those are not REST days! Those are hard work and serve a true purpose on your training schedule!