taper madness

I swear taper is some kind of disease! I am going through lapses of extreme tiredness to bottled up energy feel like I am going to explode if I don't run this marathon right now.

Uggh. 12 more days until I get my sanity back.

Cut my track workout short last night. The first 3*1k went great right on or ahead of pace but the 4th was lacking and I figured better to cut out 1k than to explode on the 5th. I think I made the right decision as during the cool down my legs just felt like they were tapped. Probably should have brought some gatorade or fuel as I was definitely not fully recovered from Sunday. One more track workout to go next Tuesday!

4*1K 3:55, 3:54, 3:56, 4:04

7 comments:

Ginger Breadman said...

taper madness as a disease - hilarious! let the emotions and energy highs and lows run their course - it' all normal

Kate said...

my taper has not been like a taper at all! I was so worn out from work that I'm just enjoying the rest time. That can't be a good sign!

Josh Dysart said...

i like it. i'll have to remember to use taper madness as I prepare for Chicago.

Ellie Hamilton said...

Taperitis!! There is a remedy, you know....

GO SHOPPING!!!

RunBubbaRun said...

Taper is not really a fun thing.. Insanity means you are ready to go and ready to rock the "PIGGY"..

Unknown said...

Don't succumb to the madness. The race will be here before you know it, even though some days might feel long. You know you're doing the right thing to be prepped, so you'll tough it out.

Kim said...

Taper? What's a taper? We're running 25 at Mohican this weekend. Of course, the Pig is just a fun run for me.