Weekly Run Down October 27th through November 2nd

One more solid week in the Richmond Marathon Bank.

Monday- 6 mile recovery run
Tuesday- 9 mile run with track intervals (5*600). It was hailing and pitch black by the time I started my 600s. Had to go to the middle school track which sucks. Times weren't stellar but I got it done.
Wednesday- Rest. No motivation whatsoever, I don't like the dark or the cold!
Thursday-AM:12 miles at lunch 8:05 pace. 7 of it with Daisy. I felt great, glad I waited to do the run Thursday.
PM: 3.5 mile recovery run
Friday-6 mile recovery run
Saturday-17 mile run at NC, 8:16 pace. Beautiful morning for a run, ran with CV and Daisy. Legs felt toasted but paces weren't bad, last three miles all sub 8 despite tree trunk legs.
Sunday- A little over 11 miles. 5 at a hard tempo pace-6:42 "Raced" myself to the water stop, legs were toast, could have been the 17 miles, but more likely the three glasses of wine on Saturday

Week Total: 65 miles

Now it is taper time! I am feeling great. Did 7 miles yesterday at lunch and my recovery paces are finally under 9 :) The weather has been great ever since our little arctic storm so I am hoping it stays nice for Richmond. On the straight and narrow until the marathon, no alcohol, and no junk food. Now if the race could just get here already!

2 comments:

Lloyd said...

What, no beer? Why go changing the routine now?

Good luck with your final preparations.

duchossois said...

I think you're right to stay away from alcohol until after the race. Of course, after the race, you can make up for lost time. ;-)