Punxsy Video

Thank you to all the friends who expressed their concern about Milford. I'm doing better today. I know we did the right thing and that Milford is in a better place now. I'm still very sad of course but I know it will get better.

I am not sure if these videos will lighten the mood or not. The race director sent me video and photos from the race (per my request). I had thought they were taking photos at the bottom of Two Beer Hill but they were actually taking video and they caught me on tape. In the same clip just after I go down they caught one of my friends taking a bad spill. If you are squeamish you probably just want to stop the clip after I run by the cameraman.



The next video is right after my friend finished. You can see what rolling downhill through dirt will do to you. I am only posting because I never got a picture of me in my top hat after the race. If there is one thing I know how to do after an ultra it is party. Note the beer and pizza in my hand. Let's all just ignore my horrible posture.

13 comments:

Alison said...

I'm so sorry to hear about your kitty. I love the pictures, though. The one of him "sitting" on the couch made me laugh out loud.

You're right, he's in a better place. And now you're free to save the life of another sweet kitten!

Anonymous said...

((hugs)) about milford

and WHOA that video with the guy tumbling head over heels was scary!

Toasty said...

any thought of doing a trail run is over now .... so sorry about Milford

Unknown said...

Sorry about the loss of your gorgeous friend. You looked great in the video. Thanks for sharing.

Janet Edwards said...

Sooo sorry to hear about Milford! His pics and the way he sits remind me of Zippo...if only lil Zippo had long hair that could be twins!

Dang, that was a bad fall!!!

Dream Chaser said...

Your friend fell like that near the beginning of the race and went on to finish? That is crazy and impressive.

GP said...

Thanks for sharing photos of your dear Milford. I'm so sorry that you had to let him go, but he's definitely in a better place right now... lounging in a sink and reading J.K. Rowling's secret next H.P. volume.

And, umm, ouch for that wipeout. I'm sure that guy was glad that it was all caught on video.

Papa Louie said...

I also am sorry to hear about your little buddy Milford.
Congrats on a great run at Punxsy and flying down the hill unscathed.

A. M. Mericsko said...

I am so sorry Liz. I had no idea about Milford until I read your blog today. : ( I had to put my kitty of 13 years to sleep earlier this year so I know how difficult it can be. Let me know if you need anything.

Thanks for the cheers this weekend. It was great to see you!

Chef Bill Bailey said...

I can't believe I'm writing this. I'm sorry to hear about your pet & family memeber Milford. Great pictures.

Anonymous said...

E-...nice to see you again this weekend at the race and congrats on your award! Thanks for sharing video of tophat and "the fall". Had to look twice to make sure it wasn't me at Burning River, where I fell at mile 26. Wasn't tho...not enough blood.

Very sorry about Milford. Just put my dog down, and my wife's cat, a year ago, both about 19 yrs old. I didn't want to replace my dog yet, but she got a kitten. It's now my cat, Dusty, who thinks he's a dog, following me everywhere I go, lays at my feet when I sit down. Love that kitty! Hope your story has a happy ending too!

Rae said...

I'm so sorry to hear about Milford, I've always enjoyed the pictures of the various places he would sleep or hang out. Hugs from us and licks from Pippin.

Anne said...

Losing a loved one, furry ones included, is much rougher that some people realize. Milford looks like he was a terrific companion. Those videos are great, though they make me wonder about some people :-).