Back to Normal

Finally back up and running again :) I know a whole 3 days off and it's the end of the world ;)

Went to NC last night and did my usual loop. Took me 50 minutes instead of the usual 42 minutes. I had to walk all the downhills but I was moving forward and remembering how to run and walk again. Finished up and put my legs up and did some crunches then Salty swung by. I decided to try to keep up with her for a little bit and ended up getting in another 50 minutes. Girl is fast even when she's slow! I hope I didn't embarrass myself or make her hang back too much. I was glad I was able to pick up the pace and not elevate the quad pain levels, apparently I just needed some company to urge me along.

That run was just what the doctor ordered. Woke up this morning and the legs feel great. A little sore going down the stairs, but at least I'm not crawling down or walking down them backwards!

What a relief since I have a marathon to run Saturday!

5 comments:

The Salty One said...

Heh! You make me laugh. If anything you are super-human! I wouldn't be out there running 1:40 three days after a 50k! Or doing crunches for that matter ;) I had fun and hope to do it again soon!

Take it easy and have lots of fun this weekend!

Steve Stenzel said...

A marathon? After that 50K? I think I've said it before, but your nuts!!!

Janet Edwards said...

Dang girl!!! I would say an easy 3 days is what the doctor ordered given these two back to back weekends!!!!!

Two words-Energizer Bunny!

Unknown said...

You are a machine. A lean, mean, running machine. Always inspiring. Can't wait to hear how this weekend's race goes!

Anonymous said...

you inthane!