Quickie Stats

My legs went surprisingly well. I was pleasantly surprised on the first 2 and wasn't too disappointed with the third.

Leg 1- 6.61 miles at 5:23 PM. 7:05 Pace (I am convinced this was short as I timed 3 of the miles around 7:40, this means I probably ran the first few miles in sub 7, yikes)

Leg 2 - 4.0 miles at 3:05 AM. 7:06 Pace. I felt like I was flying on this leg.

Leg 3 - 8.97 Miles (Actual Mileage 9.59) at 2:12 PM. Official Race Pace 9:04. Actual Pace 8:28 Got a little lost on this one but was using a Garmin. Until we got lost we were between 8:10 and 8:20. I was hoping for closer to 8 but I was just happy to be running at all by 2:30 PM on the one hour of real sleep I got.

16 comments:

Bolder said...

Did you ever lose the van?

That's what I want to know.

Anonymous said...

woo hoo!

Full Metal Lunchbox said...

Nice job, even with your getting lost at the end.

For all the running you do, you should really own a Garmin.

Good luck to you in your other races this year.

Janet Edwards said...

Looking at those times no one would ever think you were sleep derived!!! Fantastic lady!

This whole thing sounds pretty tiring!!!

Unknown said...

-.-

Josh Dysart said...

Awesome job this weekend, girl! Seriously. I think I shall go poop now... :)

Ryan said...

Agree with josh - you need to buy the garmin.

Great running this weekend - especially the last leg in the heat (while I was drinking beer waiting at the park).

Hope you find that beloved sports bra!!

taylor said...

Nice meeting you this weekend and great job running! Good luck in the rest of your training. GMR 2008!

Toasty said...

great running .... especailly backing up twice ... lets hope from the early quotes that someone else backed up as well

Anonymous said...

That's a great pace you were keeping - especially on the last leg. This past year at Reach the Beach I had the second to last leg (which meant essentially no sleep). It's pretty amazing what the body can do under stress. Sounds like you all had a great time. Congrats!

A. M. Mericsko said...

Nice job girl! You kick bootie!

psbowe said...

Great looking times, looks like you pull through.

Anne said...

I'm in awe of those averaged splits, especially the one at 3 a.m. Holy moley, E!

RunBubbaRun said...

Great job on the run splits.. Running that fast that early in the morning, that might be better than coffee to wake a person up.

JenC said...

Sounds like a great time and you did a fabulous job! Look forward to hearing about it tomorrow.

Unknown said...

MMMMMMM, Relays are fun....