New Shoes

DSW how do I love thee? Let me count the ways.

I have never been so excited to get a new pair of running shoes and let me say new running shoes are always cause for celebration.

I was on slow twitch for some reason Friday and saw a post about Wave Riders. Those are my shoes so I read further. The post was about good alternatives for the Wave Rider 9 but I noticed a post that said you might be able to find last seasons shoes on the cheap at DSW. My riders are getting pretty close to retirement, so I looked up the nearest DSW and headed out yesterday.

Well I was discouraged at first since the running shoe section appeared to be for those with feet size 9 or bigger. Not going to work for these 6.5 babies. But I headed back to the clearance section just to be sure. After looking through 3 rows of 6.5 shoes I finally notice what I am looking for, a mizuno brand shoe. Closer inspection shows it is the Wave Ascend which I also need as my trail shoe mileage is getting up there. I look a little further to the right and there is a pair of shiny new Wave Rider 9s waiting just for me.

I think the cashier thought I was nuts but I was so ecstatic. Not only that I found both the shoes in the size I needed and the brand and type, but that they were both 40% off. That's right kids. I ended up getting two pairs of brand new shoes for what I would normally pay for one. And that makes me and my feet super happy campers!

15 comments:

about me said...

mizuno wave 4 life! (i have the red ones on the right.) i'm in need of a new pair, but i like the red so much i don't wanna give them up! need some trail shoes too & have been eyeing those. woohoo! wear 'em in good health!

Anonymous said...

woo hoo!!!

Anonymous said...

YOU ONLY HAVE NINE TOES?!?

Unknown said...

New shoes...heck, new gear in general always makes this gal happy! So I bet you're stoked.

JenC said...

That's fabulous! New shoes are always good, but at a discount is even better!

The Salty One said...

6.5? Oh my. My size 9 feet could eat your feet for a snack! Heh. I love mizunos too! I might have to go out to DSW and see of they have something for me. Thanks for the tip!

Afternoon Tea With Oranges said...

I have never heard of DSW. Thanks for the tip...I just realized there is one where shop sometimes.

Janet Edwards said...

jealous...you are so lucky!

psbowe said...

It's a bonus that you actually saved some $$ on running shoes. Typically when I shop for running, doesn't matter whether it's on sale or not, if I like, I buy. :)

bryan said...

I once bought three pairs of Nike Pegasus 2002s for 40 bucks each at a strange little sporting goods store in a cruddy little town. Once your find your kicks, you've gotta stick with 'em.

RunBubbaRun said...

It's always cause for celebration to get good training equipment on the cheap side...

Yeah, I think your feet look happy to me..

runliarun said...

The cashier should know better.

Rae said...

Yay!! Brent went around to a lot of stores like that when they discontinued the Asics he wore and racked up on deals!!!

JF said...

I loved your post! I SWEAR by Mizunos! Talk about brand loyalty here. I will never go to another shoe as long as I live unless in my deep sleep God gives me some kind of revelation that there is something else better out there for my size 10 feet!

Thanks for the DSW shoutout! There is one right down the road from me and never really "shopped" there for running shoes. Never really thought that they would carry what I needed. You have made me a happy runner by putting money back in my wallet!

JF said...

I know! It's really ironic that I love Mizuno on a running level and golf level. You go with what works, what you like and what is comfortable. And can you believe it that I had Mizuno volleyball shoes growing up? So yeah... Mizuno it is!