A new day

OMG what a gorgeous morning! Who knew it's the 2nd day of summer, it feels so much like spring today. The butterflies are out in full force and the flowers all look so pretty.

Got out this AM to run with my SERC gals. We did a new loop for me which ran us through an extremely nice and private neighborhood. Supposedly one of us knew someone that lived there in case they called us on trespassing. While running through we caught up to a gentleman that actually does live in the neighborhood. We ran with him for a few miles before he offered us a drink at his drinking fountain next to his tennis court! Holy cow. We run into his drive appropriately labeled Paradise and it was just incredible. He even had a putting green in the back! What a nice guy to share his fountain with us! He said we are welcome to use it on any of our runs.

Finished up our 8 miler and I headed home to shower then hopped on my bike and rode to work. Nothing like some serious aerobic exercise to clear the mind! I'm feeling much better and the girls have all assured me that this lawsuit will never even go to court and that all I will probably have to do is give a statement on the phone. That doesn't sound too bad to me.

I think the air show starts tonight so I should have an interesting ride home! I am so looking forward to this weekend! Sunday it's another Buckeye trail run to get ready for the 50K coming up in July!

15 comments:

Trisaratops said...

Nothing like a good run to clear the mind!

Mean people suck. I'm sure it will get settled. What an a-hole.

Steven said...

Don't sweat the a**hole and revel in a wonderful run instead.

admin said...

Enjoy life and nature in these first days of summer. That'll clear your mind and set you at ease!
Have fun with your running.
I found some new joy in competing at triathlons this year by training less and standing at the start-line more relaxed and rested.

Have yourself a wonedrful July,
Marcus

Anne said...

I'm glad you had a good run after such a bad previous day. Can only imagine what the actual houses in that neighborhood are like if they landscape the grounds with golf courses and water fountains.

Charlie said...

I dream one day of a world of outdoor drinking fountains.
Enjoy the summer.

Rae said...

Surely they can't file a lawsuit that many years afterwards!! That's insane.

Hope this week is better than last!

Anonymous said...

i am betting that he's found himself in hard times and this is another attempt to get money. jerk. just be cool and calm and think about your wording. i was a witness to an accident and i could tell whose lawyer was calling me. you'll be fine. by the time it comes, you'll be so over it. you won't be panicking.

if not, lemme know and i'll go gallooly on his knees

qcmier said...

Yup nothing like good run/therapy session.

Toasty said...

what a difference a day can make!

some people suck but there are also some that don't .... profound? ok, you are a good person, it'll all end up with butterflies and warm summer days .... and now it has even before i said this ... am i rambling ... i'm rambling aren't I? ... ok ... going now .... see who's sane .... you are, not me ... i can get a little less than sane .... and ramble on ... oh yes, i do that sometimes ... like now ... *fade to silence*

Janet Edwards said...

Sounds like the ladies probided some great support!!!

What an awesome guy / place you seem to have stumbled upon!

psbowe said...

Cool! Hope your weekend went well with so more runs in paradise!

Brett S. said...

Hey nice running with you the last couple of Saturday (or slightly behind you) Just once I would like to run the Boston Trail and not take any wrong turns. If nothing else I got to learn alot about you in just 3 hours.

Oh and thanks for the encouragement. By the way if you didn't believe me about the keg around my stomach I just started a blog.

Afternoon Tea With Oranges said...

OMG - I want pictures of this place!!! What a nice guy!

I'm with Sara - mean people DO suck. Don't sweat it.

RunBubbaRun said...

Sounds like a swanky place to do a run..

Glad you are getting back to UltraRunning.. A 50k on the horizon, way cool.

Cliff said...

E-Speed..soryr about that jerk. Sometimes ppl are like that..horrible.