Taper Mood and other Randomness

I swear I am usually a pretty chipper person, but I am admittedly a passive aggressor and a bit over emotional sometimes (okay a lot of the time). Add taper into that and you get a downright cranky lady! And I've only had one day off from running, aack!

There's been a few kinks in the JFK plans and I am not being rational about it at all. I need to just get over it and move on but I swear taper is making me a psycho!

I am looking very much forward to the good adrenaline vibe and hopefully some good mood endorphins that will come from tonight's brief run and my only other run on Thursday. In the meantime try to be nice to me so I don't bite your head off ;)

If you are a runner and have not seen Runner Susan's recent organization effort you need to go check it out. I am so jealous.

JFK goals are floating around in my head. A lot depends on MT and whether or not we try to stay together. I'm leaning towards sub 9 though which may mean I need to break out on my own at some point if MT isn't feeling it. I'd like to do each section of the course a bit faster than last year and as long as I don't fall on the AT I am confident that I am in shape for it. It would be nice to blaze through the 50 and add another PR to the years tally. With no recent marathon race effort I have no idea what a realistic time goal should be. I feel confident I could run a 3:30 right now which is why I arbitrarily picked sub 9. Marathon*2 plus 2 hours is what they say for JFK and it was spot on for me last year. I guess I will have to privately consider what I think my best marathon effort would be right now to speculate on a best case scenario "A" goal for the 50. I'd rather exceed goal than fall short though so 9 will probably remain the realistic A goal. Indecision at its best. None of this speculation really matters on such a long day, I just need to listen to my body and have fun, but it would be nice to have an idea in mind to compare to throughout the day.

On that note I need to go run!

7 comments:

Running 2 Mohican said...

Set your pace and stay with it. Have Fun!

Scott McMurtrey said...

Good luck with the fun run! I'll be in the back waving goodbye to you at the start. :)

RunBubbaRun said...

Sounds like your roaring to go and knock out a PR at the JFK. Look forward to reading your race report..

ps. I'm might be doing Rocky Raccoon or McNaughton as my 1st 100 miler, let me know if you got some 100 plans as well for '08.

Anonymous said...

Here's to a sub-9 hr race!! You can do it E-Speed! Remember to figure in the glasses take 15 secs off "per mile" pace time.

And that Runner Susan's closet was amazing, definitely jealous!!

Brian said...

Ah ha! I think I found someone who hates tapering more than I do!! You're going to do great at JFK! Sub 9 is within your reach.

Runner Susan said...

I'm jealous of the 5 billion race reports you got in that side bar over there!

Afternoon Tea With Oranges said...

I am so amazed at what awesome shape you have gotten yourself in lately. It is VERY motivating. Not that you weren't already a rock star, but from 130 to 116???!!! I am jealous.

I can't wait to see how you do at JFK. I'm sure are going to awesome.