Falling Off the Wagon

Working late really blows. Especially when it cuts into your running! Just finished up here about an hour and a half later than planned and I am starving and don't feel like running at all. Normally this wouldn't be a problem but this happened last night too. So now it's 2 days in a row when I won't run and oh yeah I am supposed to be aiming for 53 miles this week. Uggh. So I guess I will have to settle for two back off weeks in a row. Next week will be tough to hit all the miles with Burning River. I'm manning an overnight aid station so weekend running may be in short supply. I guess this is why I had a quick build up plan and a slow one, in case of unforeseen occurrences!

So what is my master plan you ask? Don't really have one right now other than upping mileage. I have been running a track workout once a week and the rest of my miles have been either long runs or easy runs with as much on trails as I can get in. I am kind of enjoying the lack of a formal plan where I just throw up a bunch of numbers to hit my weekly mileage.

Tuesday's track workout went well. 3 sets of 4*400 all at 1:31 or under. I was happy with it and got in 8 miles to boot.

Races on tap are:

Thursday the 2nd Twilight Trail 8K. Pairing up with Solar Squirrel as a team, MT and Daisy are doing it too. Should be fun!

August 7th XC 5K first try for sub 20
August 14th XC 5K Second attempt for sub 20
August 21st XC 5K third attempt for sub 20

All those races are $3, you can't beat that!

I think I'm bagging any tri's this year which means Great Lakes Escape is most likely out . I haven't swam at all and my cycling is nonexistent except for the occasional commute into work. We'll see, this is tentative but if I do it I will only race the run portion.

After that it's North Country Trail Marathon in September with Solar Squirrel and possibly Mouse and Dice. I'm tempted to do 50 there but will contain myself and just do 26.

In October I'm hoping to run the Akron marathon as a relay again, this time as a kick ass female team.

After that there's the possibility of pacing Detroit Marathon and racing Towpath Marathon.

Then it's back to Maryland for another go at 50 miles at JFK. MT, GK, and I are signed up and I reserved the hotel.

In other words there's really no time for this missing two runs in a row nonsense. Let's hope next weeks better!

4 comments:

Maria said...

You are amazing E! You'll kick ass at all your upcoming races.

I've been tempted lately to show up for the VR track workouts but I'm scared...I've really only ever done speed workouts on the treadmill and don't want to embarrass myself in front of a bunch of people ☺

Brett S. said...

FYI for your planning the Akron Marathon is in September... 29th but I guess that's almost October.

Kate said...

What an amazing race plan.. You're a trail machine. Sub 20 on XC is going to be TOUGH- good luck (though I don't think you'll have any problems!)

Unknown said...

Run Detroit!!!