Quickie Rundown

I feel like I have so much to say. But unfortunately I have more to do so just a quick recap for the week!

Goal for the week:

Total Mileage 60 - 65.

On the days that the weather dictates the pace make sure to get the miles in.

Monday: easy
Tuesday: 8 miles @ 7:20 - 7:40.
Wednesday and Friday miles @ 8:00 - 8:20.
Thursday 7 miles @ 7:20 - 7:40.
Weekend:
12 miles 7:00 - 7:10 for miles not in the team relay. (note coach wasn't really on board with a snowy trail relay)
12 miles @ 7:00 - 7:10.

How it played out:

69 miles

Mon-8 miles 8:17 pace. PM Hour boot camp class
Tues-8 miles 7:25 pace
Wed-9.25 miles 8:43 pace (snow/ice, fell again, just bruised the hip). PM 35 minutes yoga stretching
Thur- AM 6.25 miles 8:11 pace (snow/slush). Lunch 5 miles 7:13 pace
Fri- 7.75 miles 8:19 pace
Sat- 13 miles 8:30 pace (6 miles snowy trails, 7 miles hilly road)
Sun- 12 miles 7:00 pace

I feel relatively good. My left quad/hip flexor was aggravated Thursday/Friday but I think it was just from being stuck in the car Wednesday and having to hold the clutch. Felt good "racing" yesterday, I worked hard the whole race despite bad conditions and felt like it was a really good mental effort. Been wearing trail shoes since Thursday morning in case of icy conditions, feels like running in bricks but at least I haven't fallen!

1 comment:

Janet Edwards said...

Yikes, quit falling sweetie! Can't believe you got all that in and did not even use the treadmill!