Week 14 Pig Training Run Down

Officially in taper mode I kept with the 3 runs this week and opted for an extra day of yoga!

This week was super busy but most of my workouts went great.

Monday-Rest
Tuesday- Track workout 8*800
Wednesday- quick at home yoga sessions in the AM and PM
Thursday- Hatha Yoga 75 Minutes
Friday- 6.5 mile run
Saturday-75 Minutes Forest Yoga
Sunday- ~11 miles with 5 mile race

Tuesdays track workout started off odd. There was a lacrosse game at the high school so after an 800 warm up we decided to head to the middle school track. We arrived there to find a track meet going so we did an 8 minute jog while waiting for them to finish up. Then stood around and watched the last two events. I couldn't believe how long it took to get through those two events but eventually they finished and we did another easy 800 before starting on the intervals.

My FIRST pace for 800s is 3:07. It was windy out and the middle school track is a bit lumpy in places so I was sure my paces would be a bit off. The workout called for 8*800 with 1:30 rest but I upped the rest to a 400 recovery, 1:30 just seemed way too short. The first few 800s went well. Before the 4th my hair tie busted. Nothing like running around with hair flapping in your face. I started to get a side stitch and struggled a bit with the rest of the 800s. Before the 7th A loaned me her hair tie and I finished out pretty strong. Luckily JG showed otherwise I am sure I would have been tempted to cut the workout to 6 800s. I am glad I got in all 8 even if a few were off pace. Ended the night with a 1 mile cool down.

800 3:08.96 400 recovery 3:04.32
800 3:08.35 400 recovery 2:53.80
800 3:07.12 400 recovery 2:45.51
800 3:09.28 400 recovery 2:59.06
800 3:10.81 400 recovery 2:58.76
800 3:17.14 400 recovery 3:27.98
800 3:11.03 400 recovery 2:59.99
800 3:11.64

Wednesday I did some sun salutations in the morning and some hip openers in the evening. Nothing heavy, just trying to loosen up.

Thursday night was my regular yoga class. We did a really tough pigeon series and my left hip was a bit off the next day but I think it really helped to loosen up those hips!

Friday I headed out with the intention of getting in my long run. I figured that way I could just run the race on Sunday as my tempo run. Well it was hot and I got a late start. I had to pee before I got 1 mile in. Luckily there was a bathroom before the 2nd mile. I was already sweating buckets and had drank almost half my handheld before I got to 4 miles. Around mile 3 I ran into a pair of geese. I hate geese. They are bold and they scare the crap out of me. I stopped and shouted and shooed the geese until they moved from the path. Got some laughs from cars passing by. My tempo so far had been fast or right on marathon pace which was good. I continued on and was just past mile 4 when I ran into another pair of geese. I proceeded with the shooeing but this pair were not moving and eventually started hissing at me and flapping their big wings so I gave up and turned around. My heart rate was probably out of control now and my pace slowed a bit on the way back. I once again came across the first pair who were not moving for me but luckily a man on his bike passed and scared them away although the one decided it would just run ahead of me flapping its wings, I was screaming at him to get out of my way, and eventually he flew into the canal. I am sure the man on his bike thought I was absolutely nuts. After all of that excitement I decided to bail when I got back to my car. I had had enough of the heat and geese for the morning.

Friday night went out with my Chicago TNT pals for some food and bowling. It was nice seeing everyone and they definitely have me considering mentoring for the Chicago tri again this year.

Saturday I woke up and headed to the west side for yoga with Trisaratops. This was a new location for me but after wandering around the place I found the class and got set up. Well I had envisioned a nice relaxing stretch session but this teacher put us to work! My abs are still sore today from just the first few minutes of class! I definitely got my moneys worth.

After yoga we headed to Panera to meet up with Daisy Duc, MT, and BH. We had fun chatting and chowing down and I managed to get fried by the sun in the short time we were there.

After breakfast I headed over to my friends place in Westlake. I spent the day sunning myself, drawing up garden plans, gossipping, painting toenails, and going to an impromptu B-Day party for one of the TNT honorees. The weather was gorgeous and I had a great time. In the evening we ran over to an open house at GC's to celebrate the new addition to the house and the new addition to the family. Got in some good conversation a glass of wine and some cookies before heading back to Westlake. A bit more girl chat and it was time for bed.

Woke up early and headed to Bedford for the 5 mile race. After the race I went home and mowed the lawn, vegged for a bit, talked with Su, then watched a movie. By the time evening rolled around I was beat and ready for a good nights rest before starting off another week!

Hope everyone had great weeks and that this week trends toward greatness too!

2 comments:

Rae said...

Congrats on another great week of training. You're going to kill the Pig!

Anonymous said...

How 'bout scrunchies instead of hair ties? Those wouldn't come undone.