All Fixed

Apparently my spring coil broke. I guess that was the loud boom we heard while driving 70 MPH on the freeway. But as nothing seemed to act up afterwards we assumed we hit an invisible bump. That is until we slowed to stop at the rest area and the car started making funny knocking/pinging noises when turning at low speeds. So I called first thing Tuesday morning and they got me in at 2 PM.

Luckily for me the part has an extended warranty and everything got fixed for free! Unluckily for me it wasn't in time for me to hit the track. But I did get in a nice short bike ride and realized perhaps I do miss the cycling thing. Unfortunately I won't be riding outside again for a bit as Old Man winter decided to return yesterday. What a shock to the system after running in 70 degree weather this weekend!

I was way under-dressed last night and luckily Jen took pity on me and we ran indoors. But I still got in a nice 16 minute run in the snow and wind in my shorts! I can't begin to explain how cold it was when the wind hit me square on. Treadmills still aren't fun but I think it was better than the alternative. I did 5*90 second treadmill hill repeats at 7.8 mph (inclines 5.5,5.5,6, half 5.5 half 6, start at 3 and work up to 6) to boost my hill skills and ended up with a little over 8 miles last night. Afterwards I did some quick biceps, triceps and shoulder presses, then some lunges and stretching. I guess that is the bonus of running inside!

Have no fear I am sure I will be entirely overdressed this weekend for the spring classic half marathon. I decided to get in a test race to see if 3:25 is indeed achievable. Unfortunately the weather isn't going to be great so I will have to take that into account. Regardless I am going for a PR as long as I feel semi decent and I have no unusual pain. No repeats of River Run last year.

Good luck to all those racing this weekend!

Congrats to Jodi and Janet who had great races last weekend. And huge congrats to Trisaratops on her pregnancy! Very excited for all of my Cleveland friends!

6 comments:

Janet Edwards said...

Fantastic news on the car and great indoor workout!

I see a strip show coming in Strongsville Saturday about 9:10 AM in your future!!!!

Ginger Breadman said...

Great job on the hill intervals! I think they make you just as strong mentally as they do physically. Have a great race this weekend!

Afternoon Tea With Oranges said...

Good luck in the half marathon! And glad you got your car fixed for free - gotta love that!

Unknown said...

Good luck with the half-marathon. I hope you are greeted with warmer weather.

D said...

I never thought about doing hill repeats on a treadmill . . . hmmmm. . . Good luck w/your 1/2M!

Rae said...

Good luck in the half-mary!!

I am SO OVER this cold snap!