Slicker Tires

Second time typing this blog...apparently sometimes my backspace button likes to revert to the previous webpage (as opposed to deleting my typing errors) grr...

Anyways. I went and got slicker tires put on my bike yesterday. 700 by 28 as opposed to what I had before: 700 by 38. I was a bit worried that they wouldn't be able to do it. When I called the guy I spoke with said that hybrids usually have too large of rims for slick tires...but my rims are fine!

So I took the bike to the grocery store with me to try the new tires out this morning. I didn't want to get in a real ride because of the race tomorrow, but I wanted to make sure I got a little bit of riding in on the new tires. (Can you believe the grocery store didn't have a bike rack? I had to chain the bike to a fence) I didn't notice too much of a difference in my short 20 minute ride but it felt a bit lighter and a bit faster. I am sure I will be grateful for the switch tomorrow during the race.

Now I am off to prepare for a summer party in Tiffin and relax the day away!

No comments: