Chilly Morning Ride

It is absolutely beautiful outside this morning. The sun is out and there is a slight breeze.

I was a little cold at first but the sun warmed me up quite a bit. That and riding 20 miles on my bike :)

I need to find a better place to do long rides. It took me an hour and 35 minutes to ride 20.22 miles. There were tons of hills on the route this morning which didn't make things easier. I went out to North Chagrin and then turned out of the park onto Chardon. That road is horrible for biking! The berms are all cracked and covered in gravel and the cars fly by going at least 45 miles per hour. Plus it is hilly the whole way. I turned off onto a much nicer rode (I didn't catch the street name). It had just recently been repaved so it was lovely. Plus the view was amazing. You could look down to the right and see the valley and river. Should have brought my camera.

Unfortunately there was another dead skunk this morning. Horrible timing too as I just started getting a whiff as I was climbing a hill. It was much worse today.

I am glad that I am not quite half way done with training because I know for sure that there is no way I could go run a 10k right now. I am pretty beat and very hungry!

No comments: