Morning Ride

Got in a 75 minute bike ride this morning. (16.25 miles) The rain held off until I was done so I decided to go ahead with my long workout for the week and save my 45 minute ride for Sunday.

Tried out my new tri shorts and I love them. They are Pearl Izumi and very comfy. We will see how they work out next Sunday in the sprint triathlon though.

I am looking forward to the Strawberry Run this weekend. It has been a long time since I have done this run (when I last ran it it wasn't even an 8k course it was a 4 miler). My baby sister is going to be running too, so it will be our first road race together. Of course she is just running to finish and I am running it as a workout but it will still be fun.

My fund raising seems to have come to a halt so if you enjoy reading my blog and think what I am doing is a good thing please donate!

In case you are new to my blog this is a daily web log of my training for the Chicago Accenture Triathlon at the end of August. I am fundraising for the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society whose mission is to cure leukemia, lymphoma, Hodgkin's disease and myeloma, and to improve the quality of life of patients and their families. More than 75 percent of their expenditures are directed to research and patient services.

I am working on organizing a yard sale with the rest of the triathlon team so hopefully that will be able to bring in some more donations.

Got the digital cam working so hopefully I will have lots of training pics to post from tommorrow's swim and the race on Saturday.

No comments: