Group Run

Managed to drag myself out of bed this morning and drive down to Cuyahoga National Valley Park for a group run with the Team in Training marathoners. My plan was to get in 5-7 miles. I ended up running around 8, probably a bit more, in an hour and 20 minutes.

The plan was to run two miles out one way and then an additional mile out the opposite way on the way back in. Well they took down all of the mile markers. So we had to estimate. I felt like we were going faster than ten minute miles so my guess is that we did somewhere between 8 and 9.

My father-in-law was there this morning for his first group run with Team in Training. He has been doing the marathon with Team in Training on a yearly basis for awhile now, but has only done solo runs. I got in two miles with him which was really nice. I was feeling pretty good at that point so I sped up a bit to catch up to the first group. I wasn't planning on running much more than 50 minutes or 6 miles but the group I was running with was doing either 8 or 12 and at mile 5 I decided it would be better to get in an extra two with a group than have to run that last mile by myself.

I felt pretty good until mile 7 and then got a side stitch and my stomach was feeling queasy. Luckily I had a running partner and a couple of the other girls ran the last mile with us so they kept me going. Had I been by myself I would have stopped for sure.

Came out of the run with a few blisters. I think I am going to stop by Fleet Feet and get a pair of tri shorts and get fitted for some new running shoes. I am pretty beat but I am glad I got in the run and glad that i felt a lot better than I did last night during the bike ride. (I was dreading this morning's run because of last night)

Seems like fund-raising has come to a halt, I haven't gotten a donation in a few days. So I am going to start thinking about some events. Unfortunately I don't know a lot of people in the area so it may be difficult. Any ideas or suggestions? Please comment if so!!!

Off to do some more laundry and put my feet up!

No comments: