Purging

Trying to clean up my life a bit this week, literally!

Yesterday I started the painful process of backing up everything on my work computer so I can move into the new age with windows XP. Yikes. I also moved things around in the office. The feng shui just wasn't right. I think I like the new set up and as a bonus everything is getting more organized.

Last night we cleaned up the house because our fave out of towner is coming to visit tonight. Everyone send our friend R good vibes tomorrow because he is interviewing for a job in the area! It would be really great to have him living closer to us!

So after cleaning up and eating dinner we headed out for our wog. We have been doing about 2 miles averaging about 15 minute miles with mostly fast walking. It has been really good for us since we get to talk and do something active at the same time. My husband is a great listener and lately he gets to hear about all the crazy things I plan on incorporating into training for JFK (a post on that coming soon!).

After the walk I hopped on the trainer for a short session then did some yoga and lifted some weights. I need to get in 8 miles or so some time today but everything is really icy so I may wait until tomorrow. A little worried about that since I have 8 on tap for Sat and 18 for Sunday.

6 comments:

Backofpack said...

Have you ever tried those yak-tracks? You know, the things you put on the bottom of your shoes for snow and ice? I've always wondered about those. Ice is the one thing that will make me run on the indoor track - I've fallen on my butt too many times to try it again. Hope you are able to get your eight in!

CJ said...

You wrote that after dinner you headed out for a 'wog' - I'm assuming you meant 'jog'!

E-Speed said...

haha cj nope i meant wog! (walk/jog)

Anonymous said...

yeah my training went to hell today too...maybe too much time emailing someone??? :)

Unknown said...

some of the coolest talks smsmh and i have had were when we were training together for the gold coast marathon. four hour runs gives you lots of time to talk about deep stuff.

glad you guys are getting time together like that. it's a good habit to have.

Rae said...

I love that you guys are wogging together! Our walks with Pippin give us a lot of nice time to talk together. And our carpool every morning. And lunch together every day. And our runs.... Geez!! Maybe I need some alone time! =)