Back on Track

Got out with the old Tuesday crowd tonight in the cold cold wind for a track workout.

Tonight I really tried to focus on running tall and with a quick turnover. I focused on matching Bs turnover precisely. I think the results were good. I tried to keep my turnover rate high while keeping my PRE (Perceived rate of exertion, right Bold?) at what the workout called for. Hal called for 7*800s but I went with the group plan. Which also got altered due to nasty weather. I was up for the rest of the workout but in hindsight it is probably better I didn't get in quite so many miles. The calf is a little tender now but felt good during the run.

Run Down:
mile warm up
400 drills
10 400s (200 rest between each 400, 400 rest between the sets of 4)
1:52.14 ez
1:39.54 med
1:33.10 hard
1:25.12 harder

1:55.81 ez
1:38.87 med
1:31.54 hard
1:27.21 harder

1:32.54 med
1:25.94 hard

1 mile cool down

Total around 5.75 miles

10 comments:

qcmier said...

I miss the track workouts. You folks still use the Independence track?

E-Speed said...

Yeah CKs crowd is in Independence, that's where I went tonight, but most weeks I will be with the SERC crowd in Solon since it is closer to family and I can do dinner there afterwards.

Legs and Wings said...

Nice running! I like the P.R.E notion. Careful with the calf.

Toasty said...

woohoo ... smokin it Elizabeth!

Scott said...

I'm glad your calf is feeling ok.

signed your friend: flotsam

Trisaratops said...

Way to knock out some good speedwork! :) This wind is killer, eh? I've got some hill repeats today...gonna head to the Valley as hopefully it won't be quite as windy! :)

Janet Edwards said...

I haven't did a track workout since 9th grade...hopefully I can make it to the Solon ones once they start. I am assuming from your comment that SERC will be starting some track workouts in the Solon area???

Cliff said...

Elizabeth,

I am curious. What drills do u do??

This 800s sound so much fun (and fast).

Backofpack said...

Nice job!

Unknown said...

Nice workout and nice pace.