Week 9- Pig Training RunDown

It was another good week.

Monday-2 mile walk with David
Tuesday-Track workout
Wednesday- Ab workout (RW), Faster in Five Strength Training, Yoga Sun Salutations, 2 mile recovery run
Thursday- 40 minute run with hills, Yoga 75 Minutes
Friday- Rest
Saturday- ~16 miles on the towpath
Sunday- ~4250 yard swim, 2 mile recovery run

The weather got real nice early in the week and Tuesday I was greeted with 70 degrees and sunshine for my track workout. Suhweet!

Wednesday was another nice night and I managed to sneak in some strength training and a recovery run just before the storms started to bring back the cold weather.

Thursdays I have been having trouble waking up early enough to run before work and this Thursday was no exception. Instead I headed out last minute with intentions of running and going to yoga. I got the run in but had to modify it for the time allotted and the location. I headed to Edgewater since it is near Yoga and not completely in the ghetto. The flat loop there is probably half a mile and I was in no mood to run loops to get in my 4 miles at tempo pace so instead I just started running and hit as many hills as I could for a nice hilly workout. I probably ran about 4.5 miles in 40 minutes. It was cold and windy so it wasn't ideal tempo weather anyways.

I wrapped up the run and headed straight to yoga. The past two weeks we have had substitute yoga instructors as our regular guy is on vacation. Both classes were still good but not quite as much hip opener exercises as I have been accustomed to.

My left hip and ITB were a little tight still on Friday so I took the day off.

Saturday I headed down to the valley to run with DaisyDuc and her bird loving pal Bob. We had a really good run despite snow all over the towpath and sloppy footing. My ITB didn't feel any worse for wear but since the loop was 16 I decided to call it a day there and not push it with a few more miles. We got in a few good hills around half way and pushed the last few miles back for a negative split run. I tried gels and water after last weeks success with Gatorade and a nun bar. Surprisingly I think I am going to stick with the Gatorade. The water just seemed to make my stomach upset, weird. I have noticed that my stomach is much stronger during my slower paced long runs. JFK I could have ate anything I think. But now that the pace is picking up I need to be more cautious.

Saturday night we headed down to Stow for DaisyDucs birthday bash. We had a good time and ate way too much. I avoided the green beer though and managed to wake up bright and early for swimming Sunday morning.

We finally got videotaped at swimming so hopefully I will have video of my swim technique in a few weeks!

The workout was pretty brutal, especially since I haven't swam in over a week.

600 Warm up (200 swim, 200 kick, 200 pull)

8*100 (50 drill/50 swim) on 1:45 I think, I can't remember the send offs on this one

3 sets of:

300 (5:00 send off), 3*100 (1:45 send off), 2*50 (55 send off), 100 easy

Cool down 3*100 with fins (50 kick, 50 swim) easy

My first set of 300, 3*100, 2*50 got all jacked up. Our leader in the lane misheard and thought we were doing 3*300 so when I finished my first 100 he was already going. I thought shit, are we going on 1:30? Holy cow. So I did my first 3*100 on 1:30 send off, not much rest to put it lightly.

But I did it and I still finished out the rest of the sets with the correct send offs.

The third set I got a "break" before the 2 50s while I got video taped. We swam 10 lengths in the diving pool while he videotaped from the side and front so I guess that was about 150. I was definitely tired at that point, but I suppose that is good because it should really highlight any weak points in my stroke.

I actually felt great when we got out of the pool so I decided to run on the way home. I stopped for a quick trail run and got in about 20 minutes (half trail/half pavement).

Pretty big numbers for the week but I feel fresher than I did last week.

Let's hope this week goes well too! Tomorrow's track workout won't be quite so lovely as it is supposed to be cold, meh.

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

wow, liz...those are impressive figures for the week. i wish i still had people to swim/bike with...sigh...miss you guys.

Michele said...

I am tired just reading that swim workout. Can't wait to hear about the results of the video taping.

Kate said...

Nice week! You and D look completely cute in that pic.

Janet Edwards said...

Thanks for coming out to the area for the run and for the party!!!

Hope you get some valuable pointers from your swim video little fish!!

Anne said...

Your weeks always sound so action-packed. I have been having trouble getting up early enough with the time change. You're much farther along than I am.

RunBubbaRun said...

Great job on the swim workout. Actually great job all around with the workouts.

Hopefully the snow will thaw out and have some great weather now.

Afternoon Tea With Oranges said...

Wow, what a week. Great job!

Dubs said...

Really great workouts!! Good job & like the pic!

Toasty said...

You have to be the most photogenic couple .... solid Towpath run ... well done

Anonymous said...

i miss those hip openers. i also always did upfacingass before races and am convinced they help. i love yoga! you must yoga for me.

Clot Buster said...

Greetings from The Clot Buster!
If you have the chance checkout my blog as I have something special posted due to March being DVT Awareness Month. If you know people who would be interested in participating in this auction please let them know.
Check it out at:
http://clot-buster-triathlete.blogspot.com/
Have a great weekend and place bid if you can swing it!